11 February 2013

On My Bookshelf: Big Horn Storm by Kim McMahill

Big Horn StormBig Horn Storm by Kim McMahill
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

“At the moment, she had much more to fear than the weather or a wild animal. With the soldiers on the move, her grandfather’s health deteriorating and winter approaching, Niki couldn’t help but feel they were on the brink of losing the battle to survive.” – Big Horn Storm

Fast-paced, action-packed adventure with just the right balance of romance and suspense that kept me turning the pages late into the night. I also loved the strong sense of place – a character in its own right – and vivid descriptions.

The only negative for me was the frequent point-of-view switches mid scene. As skilfully done as it was, it still jarred. However, I believe that this is a convention common to the romance genre.

I look forward to reading more of Kim McMahill’s work.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment