26 April 2011

THIN BLOOD released as an audio book

I’m delighted to announce that Thin Blood has just been released in audio.



Narrated by Basil Sands

Running time: 7 hours, 38 minutes | Unabridged

Produced by Perfect Voices

$34.95 $12.99 (save 63%)

Listen to SAMPLE/purchase at





Craig Edmonds, a successful stockbroker, reports the disappearance of his wife, Kirsty. What starts as a typical missing person’s case soon evolves into a full-blown homicide investigation when forensics uncover blood traces and dark-blonde hairs in the boot of the missing woman’s car. Added to this, is Craig’s adulterous affair with the victim’s younger sister, Narelle Croswell, compounded further by a recently acquired $1,000,000 insurance policy on his wife’s life. He is charged with murder but, with no body and only circumstantial evidence, he walks free when two trials resulting in hung juries fail to convict him.

Ten years later, Jacinta Deller, a newspaper journalist is retrenched. Working on a freelance story about missing persons, she comes across the all but forgotten Edmonds case. When she discovers her boyfriend, Brett Rhodes, works with Narelle Croswell, who is not only the victim’s sister but is now married to the prime suspect, her sister’s husband, she thinks she has found the perfect angle for her article. Instead, her life is turned upside down, as befriending the woman, she becomes embroiled in a warped game of delusion and murder.

6 comments:

  1. How exciting, Vicki! And how neat to experience your work in another medium. I hope the audio book goes really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki, listened to the sample and will be getting it for your darling penpets! Thin Blood is one of the most captivating mysteries I've ever read--

    Cherri Galbiati

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great News Vicki! Along those lines, could you share the process of taking a self published book to the audio format? Specifically costs, suppliers, etc. There are tons of info about ebooks, POD, etc., but I haven't been able to find too much about audio books. I don't think it's a huge market (at least for me), but I have a very good friend who is handicapped and asked me several times about an audio book. My assumption has always been that it would be cost prohibitive, what with production, paying for talent, etc., but clearly, that is an assumption.

    Thanks for any help and I wish you continued success.

    Thanks - Bob McDermott

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Shayne. I must admit I got a real kick out of hearing my work narrated. :D
    .......................

    Cherri, you bought the book for the pooches? LOL I’m sure they’ll understand every word. :)
    .......................

    Hi Bob: Check out Perfect Voices audiobook packages:

    I think you’ll be surprised e.g. tier 1 prices for a 96,000 word book would have an upfront cost of about $500.

    You mentioned your good friend has asked you several times about an audio book. Are you familiar with text-to-speech software? (I use it for proofing.) It’s nowhere as good as using a narrator, but it does allow the user to convert any written word to audio at the click of a button. If you’d like to drop me an email (I couldn’t find an email address on your profile), I can give you more details.

    In the meantime, I’ve converted the above paragraph to MP3 files as samples:

    Lee (Australian)
    Lawrence (British)
    Mike (US – basic voice only)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent news Vicky. Audio books fill a need for many in the community that books and ebooks cannot. Stories the calibre of yours will keep the mystery/thriller genre, in that medium, fresh and exciting. I hope all your books go on to become audios.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Susan. You're so right about audio books filling a need for many in the community. I wish more books were produced in audio.

    ReplyDelete